This morning, I am on the floor helping Heath get dressed, as he tries to hold the largest book in the house - an animal one of course - at the same time. Alder grabs a shirt, one of his old ones, out of Heath's drawer and tells me how he will never wear that shirt again, becasue he will not be a baby again. "That's right", I tell him, "you are just going to grow up and up and up." "And then Daddy, I'm going to be YOU!" "OH no!", I say laughing. "Yeah!" "And who is Heath going to be?", I ask. "Heath is going to grow up to be MOMMY!". (Little does he know we are actually noticing this now too.) "Well then if Heath is gonig to be Mommy, then who is Mommy going to be?" "Mommy is going to grow up more to be Heath!" "WOW! And then so who am I going to grow up to be?", I ask. "You are going to be BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!" Then lots of laughing and cheering for Daddy. (Sorry Mommy.)
So Lesley, this means as aging empty nesters, you are returning to child and I will become a superhero, with buttons on my chest and a monster Jay Leno jaw. At least as this duo, we will undoubtedly have options for jobs post-retirement. Or does it mean that I will become a plastic toy of a Pixar character, that Heath (Mommy) will gnaw on, bang around in the colander, dunk in the toilet and verbally abuse?
Either way, the marriage is not shaping up so well, Lesley. At least we know what to plan for. Maybe we can work around that now. It's nice to know the future.
1 comment:
Awwwwe - that is nice. What a great conversation. Dont you love seeing the little wheels in the their brains turning and Alder can now actually verbalize what he is thinking!
Looking forward to next month! Love Granna
Post a Comment