Monday, April 25, 2011

Brotherly love and retirement (unfortunately not ours...)

Sweet brothers...laughing with each other regularly, looking for each other at the playground, obviously feeling most comfortable when the other is nearby. I always assumed the younger would do this, but am pleasantly surprised to see Alder seeking out Heath as a companion. While we were playing trains yesterday - I was really only observing and Alder was deep in a pretend world and trying desparately to engage Heath - alder asked me when Heath was going to talk. Heath's personality is big enough and his babbles coherent enough to be a buddy, but it seems that alder looks forward to a bit more....;)
I try not to dwell on it, but it continues to amaze us how different our children are. Each day they seem to love each other and enjoy each other more and more (which is so wonderful to observe), but this is certainly not for being so similar. Alder is such a thoughtful and generally introverted fellow (that can make me laugh and be silly in the right setting...thoughts of a recent dance party brings a smile to my face now). He loves sitting quitely and drawing....we went camping a couple of weekends ago and this is where he was happiest.


...while his brother is such an impulsive extrovert and all around goofball....did I mention that he has a temper....I know much of this is just age differences, but there are underlying personality differences that I look forward to seeing develop and compliment each other.

Here is Heath with his cousin Charlotte back in March who is also a second child. It seems that some of Heath's traits are shared by other second children which is nice to know.

Reading on a recent camping trip...what a character right?!

the next morning canoe trip ended with Heath passed out...
He is and has always been 100% going full steam/engaged and happy or 100% asleep/unhappy and screaming...a little hesitant to see where this goes as he matures...

Alder was doing this so Heath had to also...
Oh and I should mention that Heath has been wearing underwear (no diapers) for around 3 weeks. He has accidents still - on average one per day and often when outside or distracted, but we are super excited to be packing up the diapers and to have better access to squeezing these buns pictured below. and he is too. he is very proud of his "uhhwear"

I'd also like to honor my wonderful father and his 35 years of hard work for one company in order to raise our family. I am so pleased Jason and I were able to be there for your retirement party and cant wait to see more of you, Grandad.


So good to see you guys....thanks everyone for making this wonderful weekend happen....plane tickets and boys staying in NC with Grammy and PaPa...

Things will likely slow down on our end in the next month so we just might be posting more...

No comments: