After spitting toothpaste out, Alder looks at me, bright
eyed, bedhead, having slept way late…
Alder: Daddy, bahmember that I had a dream last night?
Me: Yes, you had a bad dream last night. I do remember. You woke up crying and yelling Grammy and
PaPa’s names. Did you have a bad dream
with them in it?
Alder: Yeh.
Me: Do you remem-
Alder: Yeah, I was at Grammy and PaPa’s house playing, and
then in about one second, I blinked my eyes and
I was in my bed again.
Me: That doesn’t sound bad.
What else happened? What made you
cry?
Alder: Because I woke up in my bed.
Me: Oh, so you were crying because it was a dream and not
real, that you were at their house?
Alder: Yeh (with a big smile)
And I burst out laughing and tickled him into the carpet. I’m telling you, from the screaming I’d have
thought something happened in the
dream, not that he was crying because the dream ended.
So funny.
Another one to come (I hope) about Heath’s complete
obsession with every aspect of the game of baseball.
(Note another very new post follows this one.)
(Note another very new post follows this one.)
1 comment:
That is hilarious. I hope all Alder's bad dreams are that good!
Daniel
Post a Comment