It really never ceases. Heath just opens his mouth and hilarious things pour out. I am not sure if it is the age (compared with Alder's older comments) or if it is his nature as the ham in the family (though he is often not meaning to be). I'll let you be the judge....
When telling Heath that due to his fatigue he really must take a nap...."I am gonna take a nap as short as an ant leg"
"Dad, can you draw me a 60-mile-an-hour cheetah?"
After describing how something is going to happen: "That's a deal, right Alder?"
In the car today on the way home from school and after I asked if anything interesting happened at school: "When I was playing rock-n-roll cheetahs on the playground with Jayden, Otto and Quin and we were all pretending to die......" the rest of the story is really not that important.....
Also today: "Hey mom, if there was a pack of cheetahs, like four of them, and one dire wolf.....the cheetahs would probably pounce on the dire wolf, right mommy?"
You can see the infatuation with cheetah these days. "I'll be the big brother cheetah, Alder, and you can be the baby cheetah"...and they actually commence to role play as cheetahs.
While these antics are super fun and cute, a quite annoying thing he does these days is ask the same question over and over with nary a second in between askings until we answer/acknowledge.
There is also an infatuation with super heroes.....
"Daddy what do you think Batman and Robin are doing right now?" and this is asked multiple times each day this week. And he always disagrees when Dad says anything pertaining to normal life, like sleeping or eating breakfast. Today, he told Dad that Batman does not sleep. Only Robin sleeps, because Batman stays up and thinks about the Penguin and the Joker all day, because Batman is nocturnal.
Also, when waking and "nuzzling" with dad on the couch hearing Garrison Keillor on npr...first words of the day: "Daddy, is that Bruce Wayne?"
Tonight, he told all three of us that "I fell in love with you" when hugging us.
One morning last week, in the bathroom, first thing with Daddy (Heath still bursts from bed as early as he can possibly rouse himself, usually 5 or 530), as he slid off the potty and was pulling his pants up, he asked "Daddy, why do I have knees?" Daddy used pulling pants up as a timely example of what it would be like without knees. Heath agreed that he was glad to have them.
And he is not looking for laughs with any of this. Just speaking the randomness in his little mind.
Fun times.
No comments:
Post a Comment