This is going to be kind of a random post, but it has been awhile and there is lots to say. Alder has been continually teething - fussy and slobbery and chewing on everything. He has also started to grind his teeth a bit, which is an awful noise, but it seems to feel good to him. His two bottom teeth are fully in (as you can see in the picture below) and in the last week or so he has cut the top two 'eye teeth'....not the center teeth like a normal baby, but the ones just outside of those. So, he will soon look like a snake...we should teach him to hiss.

If you look very close, you can see one of those upper teeth in this photo:

Alder is more interested in Tsuga every day. Sometimes we will tell Tsuga to go see Alder when he is fussy and he inevitably gets happy and reaches out for Tsuga who will go over and lick his little hands and Alder just stares in amazement. Ignore the high life in the background....

I have also been offering new foods to Alder every week or so. Last week was peas. I bought a couple of bags of frozen organic peas, cooked them for a few minutes and then put them in the food processor with a few TBSP of water....viola! In five minutes, I have two dozen servings!

Last weekend, we went to Jason's Granna's annual Christmas party. We had a great time seeing family that we do not get to see that often. Here is a photo of Jason and I with his brother Travis and wife Ana. We are looking forward to spending Christmas with them next week!
5 comments:
I was so happy when I saw an update on the blog.
Alder is going to have a great first Christmas! I am positive you will LOVE the noisy, flashy, battery using gift I got him!
Love
Travis
Oh my - he is so, so cute. I love each and every picture.
Love, Granna
hey guys, it's elizabeth. just wanted to say that he is SO cute. also, can't wait to see y'all in a couple of days!
love, elizabeth
Hey Les and Jason. Alder is adorable. What cheeks! Looks like one of Jen's girls with those yummy cheeks.
Neal's second boy (Parker) cut his eye teeth before his center ones and he looked so funny! It was really different!
Yall look and sound wonderful. Happy New Year.
Kathy (Bradford)
PS - your Mom looks like one of the girls!
Post a Comment