All is well. Alder is really starting to become a boy in my eyes rather than an genderless baby. I am not sure if it is his voice, actions, or the way he looks with avocado stuck to his nose. I am sure this will only be more the case as he starts toddling. He has been pretty fussy the past week or so as he cuts his third tooth (this one up top). He is super slobbery and chewing on everything. He also gets very mad when you try to look or feel this new tooth. He is overall pretty moody - happy one minute and fussy the next. I feel like this is an age when I could really spoil him by giving him all of my attention, but he is still pretty good at occupying himself on a blanket with toys for short periods of time and sitting content in my lap while I work at the computer.
He went to the pediatrician yesterday for a check up and he said that everything looks great. Alder is 19 lb 6 oz (75th percentile) and 29 inches tall (97th percentile!!). He also said he is going to be cutting quite a few teeth soon - I am not sure how he could tell.
As it has gotten so cold lately, we have been building fires in our wood stove insert to warm the house. It is really nice and works much better than I anticipated. Jason likes to bring Alder straight from his bath to the stove where it blows warm air to help dry off. Here is a shot of this:

And one more of my sweet boy:
1 comment:
I remember the winter days when I would dry my hair in front of the wood stove. I guess it is now a Bulluck tradition.
Post a Comment