Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sidewinding???

So Alder hit 10 months old yesterday. And yes, it is proving true that no milestones are trivial.
(sorry but the side part pics are the best)

At ten months most kids are "crawling," an activity that we are well aware not to consider a "developmental milestone." But Alder is not, at least not the way we crawl - on hands and knees. We have been plopping him on hands and knees for a couple of weeks now to make sure he's not overlooking this possibility. He just continues to wallow about and slide and roll to get where he wants.

But it was in the past couple of days here that he seemed to have discovered his way to move. Or, at least the fastest way yet. We shall see if some other way follows. This called for taking some time and figuring out the video stuff...


We welcome comments here from anyone who has stories of kids moving in similarly unique ways.

6 comments:

Janet said...

He IS a sidewinder! I love it! And thanks for motivating with the video...definitely worth your time.

Jennifer said...

10 months, wow. Doesn't it go by fast? I'm very impressed with the videography. Love the fade in and fade out. I'm going to have to work on that! And I've never seen such sidewinding. It is so cute. I loved hearing your voices too... I love that about video.

Helen said...

That is so funny! He really goes at it and knows just how to swing those legs up. What a cutie!

Love, Granna and Grandad

Tiffany said...

That's hilarious! Who said you have to do everything according to tradition? Alder's forging his own way in the world...I love the video!

love,
Tiff

Anonymous said...

Hola!
Wow! There is not doubt he is special and a very original boy! I really like the fact he is moving in his own way. He is already 10 months? wow! time goes very fast.
I love the video.
Miss them a lot.
Love
Ana :P

Travis Bulluck said...

ok where is the update....a crawling video?