Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bummer Birthday Weekend

Jason and I have been feeling a bit under the weather this past week, but nothing too crazy...until I woke up on Saturday - my 30th birthday - to a 104 fever! Uuugh. The FLU. How ironic is that the first year I get a flu shot is the first time I get it. I have pity for anyone with or who has had the flu - except for the rotten student that handed me a paper laced with the wicked virus. I am feeling better now - about 75%, but still keeping my distance from husband and child which has been very difficult. Jason has been amazing. While I was in bed all day, he took care of Alder like a pro. Alder is lucky to have such a wonderful dad - that not only deals with situations like this well, but seemed to enjoy the extra quality time. I laid in bed through periods of slumber and chills listening to them playing and laughing and was jealous when they went outside to enjoy the sunshine. We are now just keeping our fingers crossed that Alder and Jason do not get this retched flu! We are being extra cautious to say the least - which has included my wearing a face mask while nursing (sorry no photo of this!)

Alright, enough 'woe is me' because most of you read this blog not to hear about me, but want to hear about how and what Alder is doing these days, right?

Well, he is doing a little bit of this...

and a little bit of that...

and trying out a new food - I likely do not have to tell you what this one is....

And, no he is still not crawling, but we are practicing getting him up on all fours throughout the day and he is getting more comfortable in this position. In the meantime, though, he is perfectly capable of working hard to get an object out of reach as these pics display his typical back-arching strategy. We have tried to convince him that the exact opposite strategy would prove fruitful, but he is pretty fond of this maneuver and he is somehow able to inch closer to the object at hand.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so sorry. I was thinking of you on Sat. Happy Birthday!!! What the heck was Alder eating...beets,strawberries...we can't figure it out!?

Helen said...

I am glad you are feeling well enough to post....I'm so sorry you had a bummer of a birthday - we will make up for it next weekend!

My guess would be beets.

Love, MOM

Lesley and Jason said...

yup...beets.

Travis Bulluck said...

Yuck, BEATS.

Glad you are feeling better.

Janet said...

One, I'm a huge fan of beets, and it looks like Alder is too. Yippee! Two, he looks like such a big boy in that photo. Wow. Three, that back arch is a move that many a gymnast should envy. Hope to see you guys soon - and healthy! - so Sylvie can give Alder a ride in the wagon.

Tiffany said...

beets was my guess too! :) I have distinct and terrible memories of my mother smelling up the entire house with beet funk.

I'm glad you're feeling almost all the way better, Les! How gross!

love,
Tiff