After the experience we had with Alder's 20 week ultrasound, where we found out about his clubbed feet and were led to believe that there were more serious issues, it is not a surprise that we walked into baby #2's 21 week ultrasound yesterday with some apprehension.
I don't think either of us really understood how much apprehension we had inside until after leaving the appointment with the new knowledge that everything seems to be ok...even the feet! I think we totally expected this baby to have 'at least' clubbed feet and were bracing ourselves for something else. We are so grateful and seem to have a renewed sense of excitement about our new addition. After seeing it kicking and turning and holding its hands up close to its face, it is very real.
So here are some pics of our new little peanut-to-be. This head shot is a bit weird looking and please do keep in mind that there is serious distortion and they are very 'skeletal' this early - meaning that they have very little fat and tissue yet. They typically do not do the 4D pics this early for this reason, but we lucked out I guess.
Apparently we have either a boy or a girl, but only the perinatologists will know this until ~June 17. The due date was confirmed and has not changed.
And here are the feet.
We hope these glimpses of our peanut make you all smile like they did us.
Have a great weekend.
P.S. (by Dad) Also Alder came home with a fever Wednesday, so we wound up taking him with us to the ultrasound. He didn't hold interest very long, but I do think the "baby-in-mommy's-tummy" clicked for him. Once he saw that 4D image, which does look like a baby, and saw mommy on the table with the sonographer rubbing the wand on her tummy, I think things became real. Sure he might think that all women have babies in their tummies, or that his mommy just always does, but nonetheless I think he knows. This morning on the couch before cereal we talked about the baby in mommy's tummy and he answers yes' ('uh-huh') and no's to all the right questions to show me he knows a little better. Neat.
Alder is also fine now - no fever and went to school today...in case you were wondering.
3 comments:
That's not a little peanut... That's a little GIRL!
-Grandad
congratulations lesley [and jason!]... thinking of you...and glad everything is going well. love.t
Saw the pics, love to have time to visit this site..and so happy for you both. I know you have been anxious.
Aunt Sandra
Give Alder a hug for me, glad he is better!!
Post a Comment