Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Last beach trip before we are four!

We will not likely travel any more until our next bundle arrives. So we went to the beach - Kiptopeke State Park on the Eastern Shore of VA this past weekend. It was nice to see Alder finally big enough to enjoy the beach by digging, carrying water back and forth in buckets, exploring the various flotsam, etc. The highlight of the trip was going to Savage Neck Natural Area Preserve and seeing intact Dune ecosystems and a mile long stretch of truly pristine beach. Jason works for the state agency (Natural Heritage) that identifies and purchases these hidden gems throughout the state. Your state has them too and I would highly recommend looking into where they are and visiting them. It is very rare these days to find truly intact ecosystems, especially the rarer ones.

Here are some shots of Alder enjoying Savage Neck:

We also went to visit Grammy and Pa-Pa the weekend before last and had a really great time.
Here is Alder on his second cousin's John Deer tractor. You can imagine that this was a huge hit, right?

Alder also enjoyed Pa-Pa's mini "motor-bicycles" shown here ridden by his daddy....

If anyone is wondering - I am feeling pretty uncomfortable and ready to not be pregnant. However, I am trying my best to enjoy this last month - feeling the giant twists and turns under my taught skin - and more importantly to revel in my last few weeks with Alder as an only child.

2 comments:

Helen said...

Lesley - you look fantastic!

I think there are soooo many fun things at Grammy and PaPa's house! I can tell Alder is loving the tractor and mini bike. What fun for a little boy!

Love Grann

Jennifer said...

Hey yall,
that beach trip sounds really cool. And Lesley, nice perspective on the final days. It sounds like the necessary balance. Much grace and patience to you,
Daniel