...before going back to work.
Grammy and Pa Pa came for a visit last weekend. We enjoyed sitting on the back deck, eating watermelon and watching Alder squirt everything with a spray bottle.
It is hot here these days. The dog days are certainly upon us.

We finally got an ok family photo of the four of us. Not spectacular, but it is definitely honest! Alder is such a hand full these days. He is talking constantly (another list of funny things coming soon), moving from one activity/task/toy to another at what seems like warp speed to my tired brain and body these days.

He is emotionally quite needy and weepy this week in particular. He cries (I mean really cries) over the silliest things and rarely cooperates when we ask him to help/clean up, etc. This is not like his 'normal' self. We are not sure what is the cause, but potential lack of sleep (not napping well at school), new brother really setting in, allergies/runny nose, 2 year molars, oh yeah and he is TWO. You would have thought I would have learned by now, that I should not get too upset or excited about any behavior because I will think back in week or a month and realize that things are totally different...for better or worse.
On the other hand, Heath is doing great. Growing, eating, sleeping, smiling, and starting to make some more vocalizations (real coos - so cute).

He is very able to stick his fist/pointer finger in his mouth. His smiles are much more purposeful and frequent, though we are not catching them on camera so well...


So, I am back to work as of yesterday. Just two days a week and Jason is planning to stay home with him for the first couple of months. Heath came with me to work today and it went pretty well. Thankfully it was just a half day. I am kind of excited to be back at work, but I am so excited (and feel so fortunate) to be able to be home for the remainder of the week.
5 comments:
looks like Alder is wearing a helmet in the back yard...does he fall down alot or was he wearing the helmet becasue paw-paw was there with a bicycle?
we miss you...see you soon.
love,
Ana and Travis
neither, he was wearing it because, from minute to minute, anything goes. He is also the only one in the picture thats drenched, for example.
Man, you guys are awesome! I feel like I haven't checked your blog in ages - and haven't posted to ours in even longer. Looks like you've been having a ton of fun - an inspiration. And Sylvie routinely walks around the house or backyard with a bike helmet on. Or leggings in this incredible heat. Toddlers!
You all look HOT (weatherwise)!
One more week.....cant wait to see you all.
Hope Alder is in a good mood by the time you get here... :)
Love, Granna
Hey y'all,
Glad to see everyone is well. Lesley, what are you teaching this semester?
Jason, I love your description of Alder in comment. And, I'm sure he hasn't learned to hide it as well as I have, but often that's just how I feel. "Anything goes" and somehow I'm the only one "drenched."
O well,
Daniel
Post a Comment