He rolled over from front to back a few days ago and this morning had turned himself in a circle nearly 180 degrees lying on his back. He holds his head up extremely well when lying on his tummy (sorry about the terrible flash)
We have rediscovered the swaddler recently and find that he sleeps longer and more soundly in it. He slept 7 hours straight last night! Here he is napping on the couch the other day...wont be doing this any more now that I know he can roll over.
I had a friend give me a lesson on various ways to hold him in a sling and this has been a wonderful change in how he can hang out and sometimes nap. This is just one 'hanging out' way to hold him that worked very well in the grocery store the other day - he and Alder were able to look at each other!
Speaking of work and baby, Jason reluctantly decided that he can no longer stay home on Mon and Wed with Heath because he is not able to get any work done. So Heath had his first day at daycare on Wednesday. Boo. He seemed to do very well - not fussy, but he ate and slept much less than he does at home with me. This is the problem Jason had too! He will take a bottle, but not as well as nursing. He will get the hang of it I suppose. I had a meeting at 5pm on his first day so Jason went and picked up both kids and brought Heath to me at work so I could nurse him during my meeting. Thankfully, no one minded and I was able to lead the meeting just fine....
I really do like my job. I really do like being home with my kids. This is tough. It is very hard to send a very young baby somewhere, even if you trust he will be fine and like the environment. Nowhere is as good as with mom. I am just fortunate that I am able to work part time for a full year and then we can think about what will come next. Working (and paying for childcare) full time sounds like a very unhappy existence. We shall see. For now, I am enjoying being able to go to a job that I like and spend ample time at with baby and toddler too.
I bought a Bumbo on craigslist and look forward to using it in the coming months once he can hold his head up a bit longer. In the meantime, Alder is enjoying it.
1 comment:
Love all the recent posts! I can't believe how fast little Heath is developing! Looks like you guys had a blast in Birmingham - I especially like the underwear dance party! Miss y'all!
Post a Comment