Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Winter Holiday...

started with 10 inches of snow......which was actually fun for Alder thanks to hand me down snow suits, 'real deal' mittens,

and fort building on the deck...

made all the better by the presence of grandparents...

Heath had his first taste of something besides mommy's milk (sweet potatoes)... and was not too impressed.He did cooperate splendidly for a photo shoot.

Santa's visit to Grammy and PaPa's house was a bit overwhelming for Alder, but certainly fun and memorable.

Interesting family shot here - dont ask about the headlamp - he wears it frequently these days as he often wakes with Heath in the pre-dawn hours.

I made some mittens for Alder that I am pretty proud of.

If you are interested, I got the pattern from a mom of a boy at Alder's school - you can find it and other things here. I am on a knitting binge right now - I want to start about 10 new projects and find myself aimlessly surfing the web looking for new ideas/patterns.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful mittens! And I love the headlamp shot. Quite useful little buggers. Merry Christmas and happy new year to the bullucks!

Helen said...

I can go back and read this post and look at the pictures and imagine being with you all again. Dad, Elizabeth and I LOVED our visits to Richmond and Baton Rouge. What fun to spend the night with your kids and grandkids and wake up to their little faces smiling at you in the morning! Can't wait to see you all again! Love, Granna

Tiffany said...

I love the mittens too, Les, way to go!! Can you come down here and teach me to knit? I'll ummmmmm...bake you some bread. :) Heath is growing up so fast, good grief!! And I love Alder in the snow! I made a pseudo-igloo in our 24 inches...you could stick your head in. :)