It is interesting how our friends with older girl siblings say how nurturing and loving they are when they bring home their newborns. Alder, on the other hand really didn't pay much attention to Heath...that is until recently. Alder actually just asked me if he could go see if Heath was awake. Dad is making lunch, I am typing on the computer and he is obviously bored. He often requests Heath's presence with him on the floor to play and he loves to stack huge piles of toys in front of him. He actually prefers stacking his toys (cars, trucks, trains) rather than baby toys. Heath, of course, loves this - the toys and having Alder near him. Mom and dad also love this as they are both occupied and happy. I have been forewarned that once Heath gets mobile, this will all change and Alder will begin to get territorial of 'his' things. We shall see I guess, but for now Alder seems more than willing (happy actually) to include Heath.
Some funny things about alder lately -
**He has started being VERY literal and explicit with the use of adjectives. If we say, "look at that truck Alder!" He will reply, "No mom...that is a green truck" or today at lunch when we asked him if he liked his sandwich, he said, no, dad, it's a grill cheese!
**He is also still learning about things that are similar and things that are the same. He told me the other day that pasta and noodles were the same thing...it is also funny how is tone is as if he is truly teaching us something that we do not already know. I love it. He also told us recently about the two twin boys at his school: "Nicola and Antoine, mom, they are the same thing"
**When Heath was fussing in the car the other day, he consoled him by sweetly telling him that "it's OK, we are almost home" and then he told me that Heath did not like the song we were listening to (Puff the Magic Dragon in case you were wondering)...cute.
**Speaking of music in the car, we are loving music in the car. Thanks to friends burning them for us, these are our favorites and highly recommended:
Sing Along with Putamayo
Trout Fishing in American - Big Trouble
Pickin n Grinnin - Great Folk Songs for Kids
We only have some of the songs on this last one, but I am going to buy the whole album b/c it so good. It is nice when I can enjoy it too!
Here are happy dad and Heath
This is an old pic of Heath sleeping on the couch (from a month or so ago), but I had to share because it was one of the longest naps he had ever taken. I transferred him from the car to here and he stayed for 2 hours! I was so excited and loved this position and expression! He has started regularly napping for 2 hours at a time now - yeah!
2 comments:
It is fun to be snowed in. I am really enjoying it here in Mtn. City too. I can't figure out how to make a snowman with this dry snow! Like the new beard too. I hope the boys stay sweet friends for a long time. I don't see any reason why not!
miss you guys. Love, Jen
All I can always say is AWWWWWW! I just love that you keep posting on this blog so we can see how your life is going and how the boys are growing.
Granna
Post a Comment