This time for some reason, he embraced it. It certainly wasn't b/c it wasn't cold. Maybe it was that the snow was dryer, and not so painful. Maybe it was that he has gotten use to cumbersome thick winter clothing (something I (dad) am not fond of either). Maybe it was that we made sure the thumb was functionally snug in the thumbwhole of the mitten, with a rubberband around each wrist. For whatever reason, in one month, from one snowstorm to the next, Alder decided to love it.
It came down all day Saturday, and during a slack period we went out to play and just look around and be.
The next day, clear, a bit warmer and lovely, we spent even more time out, and we all even went for a long walk. We literally had to coax Alder in with promises of warm quesadillas and hot cocoa. And Mom and Dad and Heath were pleased with the convenience of it all. Mom got to work and knit a bit inside, while Heath napped in peace. Dad got to shovel out our cars and firewood, while Alder played with the backhoe and dump trucks. Lots of fun... but not so much that we are wanting more this weekend. May the forecast be wrong....
3 comments:
wow! what a great post.
I love those pictures. I wish we had snow, we got mainly ice.
I can hear Les' reaction when she saw Alder's red cheeks!
The camera "makes" a great picture, you can almost feel Alder's happiness.
Miss Yaw.
Alright! What a great snow. And, props on the beard in the prior post Jason.
Daniel
Alder looks so grown up! It really is beautiful, but I cannot even imagine how cold it is there. I'm freezing here in Birmingham and it isn't even that cold.
Wonderful pictures!! Love, Granna
Post a Comment