

Alder chowing down on a bagel, and Heath, on a work glove.
Then we headed across the street to a local park that is VERY popular when snow is thick and school is out. We tried sledding with Alder when Grandad was here, two snows ago, to no avail. Alder wanted NOTHING to do with it. This time was different. We bummed sleds from other kids to satiate Alder's pleas to do it again and again. Unfortunately no pic of that: Dad was helping with the sleds and Mom was otherwise occupied with about 24 pounds of strapped-on dead weight. But, we will certainly need to pick up a sled sometime soon, as Alder proved an ability to hold on tight and a love for the speed. That might even be today, only three days later, as we are at home again, with about three new inches in the past two hours. (I, Dad, am starting to think of lots of synonyms and descriptors for snow, but I will just call it snow here.)
Here's a not-so-good shot of the sledding spot. (camera phone for all these) Alder is actually walking back to the car, but in the background there is a small crowd people looking down a huge hill at all the fun. I wish this pic could offer the sounds of squeals and near collisions and laughter as well. 
Here's a not-so-good shot of the sledding spot. (camera phone for all these) Alder is actually walking back to the car, but in the background there is a small crowd people looking down a huge hill at all the fun. I wish this pic could offer the sounds of squeals and near collisions and laughter as well. 
And Heath... taking it all in, sleeping off his work glove.
2 comments:
Good times! Alder is growing so fast. I wish I could have watched him tear up the hill. And Heath's a big boy for eating such a tough glove. He deserved a nap no doubt. And more compliments on the beard Jason. I'm curious whether you grow the beard in spite of protest or with encouragement...
Miss yall,
Daniel
i love the "bawnk chicka bawn bawnk" picture!
Post a Comment