Seven years of marriage. I am starting to think we just might make it. (If you know me, you know that I am joking.)
I can say with bedrock solid confidence that being married to you, Lesley, has been way more than I could have imagined -- joy-filled, new, bright, adventurous, round and full. I will only want to go through this life with you and what we have, grow and make together.
We celebrated tonight by looking at our wedding album with Alder. He was quite entertained and inquisitive. We saw lots of old friends, as well as our old selves in there. To those of you who were there, we still love and miss you, and look forward to any reunions the future holds.
Who would have thought that only seven years would send us through so many towns and cities, so many abodes, multiple universities and jobs, to land on this stepping stone, now with two amazing boys with which to share it all. I hope we can (myself included of course) continue to remind ourselves what is important - to continue to find, soak up, and exude the real, felt-not-thought pieces of life, together.
And now for some memory lane:
(pic above must have been about 2000, birding at the Outer Banks of NC.)
a few weeks before proposal (field work, central Nevada)
3 comments:
I love you too Jason. Thanks for doing this - we do have some wonderful memories...though I was asleep by 9pm last night! Some Anniversary...;) I was just getting on here this morning to say two fun things - Alder just spontaneously told me he loved me and has been occupying Heath for more than 30 minutes with pretend kitchen play and ball bouncing. Ahh.....
Happy anniversary you two love-birds. From the pics little has changed. Here's to many many more loving years.
Daniel
Happy late anniversary guys!! those pics are wonderful, and i'm sure there will be many more great memories to come! i remember that knoxville house! :)
Post a Comment