Wednesday, November 9, 2011

One good thing about winter

I typically dread the shorter days. Lament the evening hours indoors when they used to be spent playing in the yard.  I was reminded last night of a reason why short winter days can be nice.  Huge full moons before bedtime.  The last few evenings (since we moved the clocks back) have been clear and fairly mild with a huge waxing moon.  Yesterday, when Alder saw it, he yelled, "look mom!  A Gibous!"  We used the boniculars to look at it once it was very dark and after a few seconds of silent observation, he said..."I see a T-Rex"  I have always thought the dark shaded regions of the moon looked like a bunny rabbit, but when I asked to take a look, I too saw a T-Rex.  Rabbit ears had become open jaws.  "Cool!"  I replied.  I will never see the moon the same again.

Happy full moon.  Rrraaahhhrrr!

No comments: