We went to Rocky Mount and Greenville, NC to see Jason's family and then flew down to Baton Rouge and Grand Isle, LA to see mine. It was great to take a full week off (for Jason) and to get away (for both of us). Alder handled the plane ride very well. He did fill up his diaper and soil his clothes such that I had to change him in the tiny airplane bathroom...the adventures of being a mom...I am going to Birmingham in a few weeks to see my family again and I wonder how I will do it alone!!
Alder met his Great Granna Helen in Rocky Mount:

We had a great time in Grand Isle. Granna was great to babysit on several occasions so that Jason and I could go fishing together and birdwatching one morning at the state park...we saw our first painted bunting!! What a gorgeous bird!

Granna with Alder

The three of us

We celebrated two birthdays on July 9 - Jason is now 31 and Marilynn is 2! Marilynn got a new pair of boots and a tricycle and Jason got a trip to Grand Isle:)


It was neat to watch Alder with Marilynn. He would watch her very intently and smile as she sat next to him and talked/played. Here is Alder with Lindsay and Marilynn.

Here is the entire gang:
1 comment:
Lesley and Jason - I love all the new pictures you posted. Even though we just saw all of you, it was great seeing the pictures. Thanks so much for keeping us updated so frequently.
Post a Comment