Alder seems to need to nap less and less as the weeks go by. A month ago, he was napping three times/day (two 2-hour naps and one 1-hour). Today, he took one 2--hour nap this morning, and one 1-hour nap this afternoon. Because he is staying up more and for longer periods throughout the day, we can go and do more stuff which is nice. Today, I took Tsuga and Alder down to the river for a short walk. The weather has been so nice!
I'm working two days/ week and really loving my time at home with Alder. I'm also enjoying my days at work where I get to use my brain and teach biology. Next semester I'll teach three days/week (adding ornithology). I feel so lucky to get to ease back into work and spend so much time at home with our baby. I try to enjoy every minute - I know it will not be forever.
I had to venture to Babies R Us (not something I typically like to do) the other day to get a breast pump supply and decided to buy Alder another toy to play with/chew on. I think I made a good choice with this rooster as you can see...the pieces of fabric appear to be oh so tasty.

And we're very excited about the toy elephant that our friend Nancy knit for Alder. (Nancy goes way way way back for dad. And is married to another friend, Chris, who goes way way back for us. A couple of genuine people from school in Boone....times!...) I've recently taken up knitting and wanted to do something like this, but haven't yet... I'm working on Christmas stockings now and probably will be for awhile. Thanks Nancy!

Here is an especially good shot of dad and Alder on the back deck. Yeah for long sleeves and sunshine (which equals a high of 75 degrees!!)

I was trying to get a shot of Alder's first tooth and he was being silly...

I had to pry his mouth open a bit...got it!

I got this photo today when we were out on the back deck enjoying the beautiful weather. This was just after he rolled over - something that is not happening purposefully yet. Maybe it will start to with less brace time. Lets hope that look doesn't stick with age. It resembles trouble.

As Alder's hair gets thicker, I have noticed this nice swirl he's got going on in the back.
2 comments:
That little swirl is otherwise known as his "crown". And it is beautiful!
YAY for a TOOTH!! Bring on the drools! He looks like he's flying in that post-roll pic. hehe. And the one before his tooth pic is SUCH a Lesley look! I looked at it and thought, there's Les! miss you guys!
love,
Tiff
Post a Comment