Monday, February 18, 2008

balsamic vinaigrette

To mix things up a bit, I am going to post some recipes occasionally. I hope that the folks that visit our blog regularly will find them useful and delicious. Please let me know if you enjoy and/or any suggestions you may have.

Here is my favorite balsamic vinaigrette recipe. We eat huge salads for dinner pretty often and we never seem to get tired of this dressing.

1 clove garlic, finely minced
2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
1TBSP lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup or other sweetener
1/2 c olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
4-5 drops hot sauce

I never measure anything - just pour it all in a food processor or if you mince the garlic well, you can just put it in a salad dressing bottle and shake well. I use a good bit more balsamic vinegar and a good bit less oil than suggested above, but I really like the way balsamic tastes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

yum yum! I just made my own raspberry vinegrette :) I love those dressing bottles b/c they tell you how much oil and vinegar and water to put in..well mine does anyway. I'll have to try y'all's next!! Les, I'm so jealous Ana gets to see you on your birthday!!!

love,
Tiff