Nope, still not signing...
However, today Alder said his first word that was not 'mama' or 'dada'. He has been saying these for awhile now. Dada for months and mama for a few weeks.
It is not surprising that his third word should be something he loves seemingly as equally as he does his parents....an object that he finds in any setting and points to with a smile or sometimes a quite serious gaze...something that he has been in tune with for months, even mimicking its noises. Yup, today Alder said 'car' and it wasn't just once, but he uttered "cah' in reference to any wheeled object (the wagon, a truck, a car, etc.) about 50 times today.
I didn't think I would be so excited about this, but I really am. I guess after months of crying to let us know his needs and even now he seems to be getting more fussy and frustrated when he can't tell us what he wants, it is nice to see this little glimmer of true verbal communication. I think he is holding out on us with the signing. He knows what we mean when we sign, but has not yet reciprocated....soon enough.
He has also started taking off his diaper (not necessarily in reference to needing to go potty) and he is quite infatuated with the bathroom and big potty since we started flushing his business and waving bye-bye after successful catches. If I have not seen him in awhile, I can often find him playing with his little potty in the bathroom. Don't worry, we are keeping the big potty seat closed for safety and sanitation reasons. Removing his diaper and going to get his potty may soon translate to telling us he needs to go....maybe....maybe not...;)
He is growing up so fast.....but thankfully still loves to cuddle!
Sorry no pics.
1 comment:
Yahoo, a new word...."Cah", good to hear. thanks for not posting a picture of his catches.
Love yaw and see you soon.
Travis and Ana
Post a Comment