Monday, February 14, 2011

Thank you Jason

I want to briefly provide some much deserved praise for my wonderful husband. Valentine's Day provides but one (albeit silly) reason to give thanks for Jason, but even more so how simply blessed I have felt lately to have a husband and parenting companion like him. Darlin, you are one in a billion. In case you readers are not fully aware of the burdens he has dealt with of late....let me fill you in.

I left Jason for 10 days soon after the new year to take a class of students to Panama. While he had help from his parents and my mom scattered throughout this time, I know this was not an easy time for him. The boys were snotty and he came down (with a likely sleep deprived/stress induced) cold himself. Heath was just beginning to attend Alder's school and was having a tough time transitioning (not eating anything all day and for Heath this is pretty unreal - he is loving it now by the way). Not only was Jason able to simply hold down the fort and prevent any serious injury, but he managed in this time to get Heath sleeping through the night consistently (which he has never done in his 19 months of life) and day in a day out be the patient and consistent father that our boys have come to know and love so much.

When talking to my mom about how things went while she was here helping, she told me straight out that "Jason is Amazing, Lesley. He is truly amazing." Then she went on to explain how he gets down and talks to the boys so calmly and consistently tells them the rules of the situation (we do not snatch from our brother, we do not scream in the house, I need you to go get your shoes, etc. etc.). Dont get me wrong, we can both lose our tempers and raise our voices, but I think we have (and Jason even more so) found that parenting can be a true path to enlightenment....not many more tests of one's patience are so constantly intense. However I dont think either of us have experienced anything more rewarding either....I am so lucky to be learning and living this life with you Jason.

We really are a team in this house and share the parenting, prepping for school, discipline, bedtime, bath, etc routine down the middle (if not him typically taking the lion's share with my not always flexible teaching schedule). Thank you Jason for being who you are and for teaching me so much about how to find happiness and peace in our hectic lives. I love you.

No comments: