Yup, that's right, maple syrup. I am taking some herbs (Fenugreek and Blessed thistle) to increase my milk supply and they make me smell strongly as if I am kin to Aunt Jemima. The pediatrician told us that Alder was not gaining weight when we went in for his pre-surgery visit and that we needed to start supplementing him with formula and/or pumped breastmilk. So I am doing everything I can to increase my supply so that we have to supplement with formula as little as possible. The herbs and extra pumping appear to be working (thank goodness), and Alder seams to be much happier now that he is getting full at each meal. He is still cranky from gas a good bit throughout the day, but at least now I know that he is no longer hungry.
We are so lucky that he is sleeping almost fully through the night already!! Last night he slept from 10:30 to 5:30! Pretty rare for a new baby, but I am not complaining. He sleeps alot during the day also, but I suppose he will start having more and more awake time each day.
When Travis and Ana were here this past weekend we had fun decorating Alder's casts. Notice his flexibility (destined to be a yogi) and poop stains on the casts...two more weeks to go...hopefully we will have no more.


Yes, that's a four for his fourth cast..isn't it great that he already knows how to hold up the number four with his fingers!

No comments:
Post a Comment