As you can see from the top picture, Alder is sitting up (with assistance) very well. His head is a little wobbly, but not too much. We started carrying him in his Baby Bjorn facing forward b/c he is holding his head up so well and he actually fell asleep in it when Jen and I were walking at the park the other day - it did not look comfortable to use but I guess it was! We almost went and bought him a Bumbo to sit in, but I can't see paying $40 for a piece of molded plastic when we can just prop him on the couch and he will be sitting up for real in no time.
After seeing Alder this weekend, Jen noticed how he can move his legs in his brace a lot more than she thought he'd be able to. I thought I should mention that to those of you who have not seen him at all or have not seen him lately. He really can kick his legs independently so that it looks like he is peddling on a bike. Of course not the full range of motion as when he has the brace off, but pretty well.
A few days ago, I tried doing some yoga with him lying on the mat under me and he loved it. I tried this a couple of months ago and he just fussed, but now he likes to be interacted with in this way. It is a great way for me to talk to him and get some exercise at the same time. Sun salutations are perfect because I am constantly moving closer and farther away from his face which is what we do when we play with him. He just laid there and kicked and smiled.
Oh yeah, and Tsuga likes to be involved and hang out when I am doing yoga as well;)
No comments:
Post a Comment