Friday, August 3, 2007

more smiles

The smiles just keep on coming and now they are accompanied by coos and gurgles that are reminiscent of laughter. Jason thinks he sounds like a chimpanzee with a sweet baby voice going 'oooo, ooooo, goooo'

I thought as he got older he would start to look less like Jason and at least a little bit like me...but this is certainly not the case. With each passing day he looks even more like his dad. That's fine with me though because I married a very handsome fellow.

I like to post pics of Alder in his carseat b/c I think it is a good reference for size. He is huge! Almost everyone I tell his age (in the grocery store, neighbors, etc) is totally shocked. I got on the scale with and without him last night and I am pretty sure he is ~15 lbs! He will be 11 weeks old tomorrow.

Alder really likes bathtime. He has his brace off and constantly kicks his legs, splashing water everywhere. He doesn't smile in the bath quite yet. I still think it is kinda new and scary for him, but he does not fuss. I think you get the idea of his mindset best from this picture. He's kinda like a deer in headlights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lesley y Jason!
Hola, espero esten de maravilla.
Los extraño mucho!!. Ahora me encuentro con mi familia y ya los conocieron. Les mandan muchos saludos.
They say you have a beautiful baby.
I think it is awesome how big is Alder. It is amazing how fast babies grew up.
I agree he is very handsome. specially when he smiles.!!!