So, this Friday I found an open port to inject some freedom into an hectic week. I was able to get home around 2 to find Alder freshly awake with Mom out on the deck. I had grabbed a salad and some nori at the grocery, so I put that in a cooler, changed clothes, and started packing the car while Alder finished nursing. Shortly following, we grabbed Tsuga and the leash just in case and headed for the River: Maiden's Crossing it is called, where S.R. 522 crosses the James River.
Alder played for most of the half hour drive and fell asleep just before we got there. He has just started really purposefully reaching for toys as seen here:

It's a wonder we didn't wake him when we selfishly cheered to find the parking area void of other people or cars upon our arrival. Tsuga was also thrilled to be there and free to run, sniff and pee on stuff.

This is a great place to go: upstream from Richmond, very clear and shallow at low water, and wadable all the way across. We have even taken a snorkel there before to look around at fish and aquatic plants.
While there, I threw stick for Tsuga for awhile, ran him down and Les and I took turns holding an all out photo shoot of little Alder. And... here are some of the shots...




As in times before, I walked Alder out in the river. An exceptionally cool breeze was blowing downstream and the water was still warm. So we stood out there for a good while. Neat to see how he just stares at the surroundings when there is so much to see, such nice late day September sun on the trees, islands and water. I always wonder what he sees, what he thinks. Les and I ponder this multiple times a day. He seems to be quite a little thinker, especially just after he wakes up.
Here is a rare (at least at this point) shot of him awake and sucking that thumb.

Mom will post again soon with a general photo dump.
No comments:
Post a Comment