Sunday, September 30, 2007

Photo dump and general update

Ok, this really is a 'photo dump' as Jason calls it. In general, we are doing very well - loving life and each other more and more every day. The weather is oh so nice and cool so we are trying to soak it up before it gets downright cold.

The woman who keeps Alder twice a week tells us how great he is doing with her. He is eating and napping well, which is the most important thing. He has also played in an exersaucer a few times and seemed to like that - what a big boy thing to do!

We take him to the orthopedist week after next (Oct 8) to see if he is ready to start wearing his brace less - this will be very exciting! 23 hours per day is alot, especially now that he is getting more alert and active.

Here is an especially handsome shot of Alder sitting up (i.e., propped on the couch).

In his chair - I know you guys are probably getting tired of this ugly thing... He is really getting better at holding toys and moving them into his mouth.

Alder's dark hair from birth is nearly all gone (no more chicken head) and he has a somewhat thick mat of new lighter stuff growing in that seems to be longer (to us) every day...This boppy prop kept him occupied for quite awhile the other day:
I receive messages daily from the yahoo discussion group for parents of clubfooted children. IT has been such a great resource for us. Recently, a mom posted a message about a good price on cute women's knee socks at Target and how great they are as leg warmers because pants can be a hassle with the brace. Pretty snazzy huh?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hi Les and Jason!

I can't believe how much his hair has changed!! And what adorable socks! He looks a little bit like Big Bird. hehe. I miss you guys!

love,
Tiff

Jennifer said...

What a cutie. I forget how much they change. . . he already looks so different than when I was up there. Can't wait to see you in person next week!!! love ya'll

Jennifer said...

Great pics. I cannot wait to see all of you and especially to meet Alder in person. Should I count today or not? 4 DAYS BEFORE THE BEACH. YAHOO!
daniel