The introduction of solid foods has continued and Alder is cooperating quite well. I've been reading a great book my friend Jen gave me called 'Super Baby Food' that has a ton of great information on introducing baby food (when and how much for different ages) and most importantly, how to make your own and buy healthy, responsible items with a baby's needs in mind. It's going to be a great resource as he eats more and different foods. So far Alder has eaten avocado, banana, and Earth's Best organic rice cereal. We give him about a TBSP of one of these at a particular meal. Here are some shots of his first taste of cereal (Thanks Great Aunt Jen-Jen for my high chair!):
Today, we went for a hike in a nearby state park - the autumn leaves are really nice now. It was pretty chilly, but we got out in the heat of the day and hiked for a couple of hours and it felt great. Alder likes the backpack carrier and became mesmerized by the scenery and Tsuga's antics - he barely made a peep the entire time. He resumed his babbles and squeals as soon as he was back in his car seat....so funny. We retraced our steps on this hike as it was the first hike we went on when we moved here. I was quite pregnant then and oh how life has changed. It was neat to reminisce.
And lastly, here a couple more cute pics of alder in his alligator jammies that I really like. Check out them toothies!!
Wow! I can't believe how big Alder is getting. Teeth already...can that be right?! It looks like he's having a great time...in every picture. ...nice to see. :)
2 comments:
Wow! I can't believe how big Alder is getting. Teeth already...can that be right?! It looks like he's having a great time...in every picture. ...nice to see. :)
OHHHHHHHH I can't wait to see you guys!!!! Only 5 more days!!!!!!
Post a Comment