I have also been getting positive feedback from my students in lecture and feel so much more comfortable than last semester. I am becoming more certain that this is what I want to do. It is currently a ton of work for WAY too little pay, but hopefully that will change and I will get a 'real job' here soon.
The worst part is being away from Alder for 3 days/week. I obviously enjoy my job, but the other half of me wants to be home with him all the time. I certainly can't imagine working 5 days/week right now nor could I imagine staying home 5 days/week. I also want to be able to be home as much as I am now when baby #2 comes along...no time soon, I promise!! so, for now I will enjoy our situation and try to remember how I am getting the best of both worlds - I am getting to be a mom and a professor.
so, thanks for reading and here are some recent photos of Alder as a reward for your interest and attention. He has officially cut one of his top center teeth and the other is not far behind. He has really begun to purposefully roll around to access toys and is close to scooching on his belly some too. He experienced his first snow last week. He absolutely LOVES sweet potatoes (and tofu and egg yolks and green peas and peaches and banana and....mommy's milk, and...). And he still loves bathtime with dad and drying off by the woodstove (sorry for the nudity).
Here I am up late night preparing a lecture...
1 comment:
Hey Lesley,
I appreciated your thoughts on balancing the teaching/parenting load. Sometimes there don't appear to be enough hours in the day. I am certain your devotion to Alder and commitment to the learning process are mutually compatible. If the old model of work/family relation needs adjustment, then nothing but experiment will show what might be more useful. So, let's experiment!
Talk to you soon,
Daniel
Post a Comment