Sunday, January 6, 2008

New Bath Toy

Bathtime has always been a joy (probably mostly for da da). It started with Alder's mere enjoyment of the sensation of partial submersion in warm water, undoubtedly a sense of comfort with roots in the womb. Then he graduated from the little lay-down troughish recliner to the sit-up contraption. And bathtime became play time! And since then, it continues to evolve, as various toys are introduced and discovered. The little teething rings float along side rubber ducky and the little butterflies that go squirt. They circle the tub - round, round and round - as they are swatted at, caught, picked up, brought to face, sucked on, chewed on, cast back out to circle back and be retrieved again... Sadly though, for the toys, they have recently started to get a bit less attention. They congregate at the shallow end, barely even bobbing.



Why you ask? What toy has taken the place of these vivid little plastic nuggets of fun??

???????????????

???????????????

???????????????????
??????????????????????
????????????????????????
Yep. Evidently brethren, this is about when it starts.
And perhaps these are the first feelings of getting busted.
And then realization that some joys, some fun stuff, is just worth getting caught....


regardless of who it hurts....
Little rubber ducky for example. Just look at the abandonment in that face...

May bathtime continue to be one of the many of Alder's times of discovery.
namaste

3 comments:

Helen said...

I am sitting here alone in my hotel room laughing out loud wishing I had someone to share this with.....had I not witnessed it myself, I would think Daddy was making it up!

I told Les - he is the most "tactile" baby I have ever seen! He gets that little index finger and touches (or "flicks") everything he sees! Precious!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures and your comments - he will hate you for this one day! Love, Granna

Travis Bulluck said...

now that was a funny posting!

Tiffany said...

oh...my...goodness. :)