Saturday, October 31, 2009

look at dat funny man daddy

That's what Alder said last week when we drove by this:
This is what we see when we are at a light, downtown Richmond, directly under I 95 each afternoon. So that means this is what everyone southbound I-95 sees too, right out their window. And no I am not gonna give my opinion on this image, or specific poster (but you can find out more if you like http://riverdistrictnews.com/tag/velvet/)...

I just think about what connections so many americans have to make about politics, human nature, our country, etc., when they see this banner posted on the side of a strip club, cruising through the commonwealth's capital.

The point of this post though, is that this moment with Alder, was another prime example of how a child can help you to "see" things. (For example, I used to dream of monkeywrenching bulldozers, but now I sort of crack a smile when I see earth-moving machinery. This will pass.) By being completely naive and innocent, a child can help you to strip meaning from things and see them only for what they are - a picture of a funny man.

No comments: