We spent another memorable, long October weekend with our dear friends at the beach. What a blast. This tradition (can it be called this after only 3 years?) is one we anticipate and cherish. My mom always says that friendships get stronger when you live away from each other b/c when you do get together, you actually live and eat together during visits and then stay up late chatting. While this may be true, I must say we would prefer to do these things on a weekly rather than annual basis!
We found a great house at the end of North Topsail Island and rented it through the actual ownersrather than a rental agency. I would recommend this to anyone as the owners were super responsive and friendly and the house was obviously taken care of and stocked with kids toys and books. And we felt the price was better too! We were disappointed to find the anticipated ping pong table was not there... oh well.
A glimpse of dinner preparations and chillin time.
Here I am surrounded by some of the sweetest kids I know. I think we are taking a break from the beach to eat lunch here.
Chillin on the porchLast year the weather was horrible - rainy and cold - and this year we were able to play in the warm sun and swim in the ocean as well. We spent as much time as possible on the beach, but the girls certainly beat our boys on this as we had to retire for naps to prevent melting from exhaustion.
Several months ago, Jason taught Alder how to say "put one hand right here" while he places his left hand out like he is holding the neck of the guitar, and then..."joon joon joon" while swinging the other hand to strum. We had not seen this in awhile, but I think the dads playing guitar through the weekend reminded him and he wanted to join in. This was spontaneous air guitar on the beach one morning. I love the hip cocked out to one side.
Heath also ventured out the beach and actually napped for at least an hour under this wonderful bed skirt tarp held up with shovels that we set up for him. Ingenuity when we do not own a beach umbrella!
I think he liked it!The last night we were there, a short rain storm blew threw around dinner time and afterward we headed down to the beach for sunset. Just as we were leaving, an enormous rainbow materialized and stretched from one end of the sky to the other. It was truly amazing, a double rainbow at that. We rushed down to the beach and the kids played and enjoyed watching the fishermen and beautiful colors reflecting off the water
....and of course making drip castles.
...and this last shot is sunrise the first morning. We grabbed our coffee and ventured out to get the most of our day. Man do I want to go back!!!! Thanks for a great weekend. Cant wait to see you guys again. To see more pics on Jen and family's blog click here.
AWWWWW - What fun! These will be some of your fondest memories. You have to make these things happen and it does take some planning, but it is so worth it. What beautiful families you both have. Love, Granna
Travis - Alder is so funny in person doing this guitar thing. Since I first saw him do it, he has added the hip thing. I can just hear him now...... Gosh - he just the cutest thing...I know I am biased. I miss them sooooo much! Granna
5 comments:
Yep, I am surely and sorely missing that beach, guitars, good food, late nights, and those sweet boys.
Much love,
Daniel
AWWWWW - What fun! These will be some of your fondest memories. You have to make these things happen and it does take some planning, but it is so worth it.
What beautiful families you both have. Love, Granna
Alder playing the air guitar reminds me of Bill and Ted's Adventure.
Anyone remember that one? (pause)Just me?......ok
Travis - Alder is so funny in person doing this guitar thing. Since I first saw him do it, he has added the hip thing. I can just hear him now...... Gosh - he just the cutest thing...I know I am biased. I miss them sooooo much! Granna
I know, I'm a little late reading this...What a lovely trip! I'm so glad you guys had good weather. I LOVE the air guitar!!
Post a Comment