
Alder Jack arrived on May 19 at 13:58 weighing in at 8lb 10.5oz and 21 in long. It was an incredible experience and I could not have done it without Jason's help and our amazing mid-wife. Alder is perfect and we could not be happier. He certainly favors Jason, but we are pretty certain that he has my nose.

We have been home now for several days and have had so much help from family - the fridge is stocked, the house is clean, and I have not had to run one errand except a couple of doctor visits. Alder got his first casts on Tuesday and seems to be dealing with them very well. He will go back for round two next Tuesday. The doctor says that his feet are pretty flexible and therefore may not need too many casts...but he would not promise anything. I have gotten used to holding and feeding him with them as well. Here were his feet before, during and after casting.



Tsuga is also doing very well with Alder. He was very interested in him at first, especially his squeaks and squeals, and would get up with me for every night feeding. Now he just like to lick and smell his head every so often.
1 comment:
I listened to a song on a cd you gave me and realized what the name of your blog means! What a great song.
Alder looks so beautiful and healthy. Way to go mom and dad! love the cloth diaper:) thinking of you often, Jen
Post a Comment